Working holiday visas can be applied for by adults under 31. This visa allows the holder to work and holiday in Australia for up to 12 month visa.

The holder must have a passport from: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or United Kingdom. Or Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay or USA.

Criteria to apply:

  • Dependent children will not be able to be to accompany a holder of a working holiday visa in Australia;
  • The holder must have sufficient funds (generally – AU$5,000) to support their trip and purchase a return airfare;
  • The holder must be over 18 and under 31 years old at the time of application to apply.
  • For the 462 Visa the holder will need a minimum Diploma (Thailand) or a Degree (or have completed at least 2 years of a degree) for other countries.
  • Unless you are from the USA, for the 462 Visa you will need to get a letter from your government to say that you can apply for the 462 Visa and the application must be made as a paper application.
  • Some countries have quotas for the number of students who can apply.

Working Holiday Visa Conditions:

  • The holder cannot work for the same employer for more than 6 months;
  • The holder cannot engage in study or training for more than 4 months;
  • Other discretionary conditions may be imposed on this visa when it is granted.

Second Working holiday visa

As long as certain criteria are met, the holder of a 417 Working Holiday Visa may be eligible to apply for a second Working Holiday Visa.

One of these conditions is that the holder of 417 Working Holiday Visa must have spent 3 months doing certain types of work in a rural community (outside of an Australian metropolitan area). Most people know this as “fruit picking”, however, there are a broad range of tasks that are considered acceptable.

For information on your eligibility for working holiday visas, please contact us for a free assessment.